Sleep Tight. Every Night.
Do you have trouble falling or staying asleep or experience problems with excessive daytime drowsiness? If so, you’re not alone. Studies indicate that about 40 million Americans suffer from a chronic sleep problem putting them at higher risk for heart disease, stroke and other serious medical issues. An additional 20 million adults experience occasional sleep troubles.
Lakeview Medical Center’s Sleep Center provides evaluation, diagnosis, treatment and follow-up care for a variety of sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome, periodic leg movement disorder and narcolepsy.
In all, there are more than 70 possible sleep disorders — most of which can be easily managed once properly diagnosed.
Our expert sleep study team is made up of a board certified sleep physician and registered sleep technicians. As you relax and fall asleep in a welcoming, private room, our sleep specialists carefully monitor your state of health using advanced technology that may include:
* Electrocardiogram (EKG) – to measure heart rhythm
* Electroencephalography (EEG) – to measure global neural activity
* Electromyography (EMG) – to measure muscle activity and limb movement
* Electroculogram (EOG) – to measure eye movement
* Piezoelectric belt – to measure respiratory effort
* Pulse oximetry – to measure oxygen saturation
* Thermistor or pressure transducer – to measure nasal and/or oral airflow
Once your sleep study is complete and a diagnosis is made, treatment can begin. Before you know it, you will be sleeping well once again and wake feeling healthy and rested.
Sleep is essential to your physical and emotional health. If you or someone you love suffers from a sleep disorder, Lakeview Medical Center’s Sleep Center can help. Our caring, experienced staff will work with you to diagnose your problem, develop a treatment plan and provide all of the education and support you need.