For the best healthcare possible, you and your healthcare team must work together. Just as you have rights as a patient, you also have these responsibilities:
- Be direct and honest about information and give accurate and complete medical history.
- Follow your doctor's recommendations.
- Tell your doctor or nurse if you cannot follow your instructions or do not understand your care.
- Comply with safety instructions.
- Be considerate to and respectful of your doctor, nurses, other staff, and other patients.
- Give the hospital a copy of your written advance directive, if you have one.
- Meet your financial obligations to the hospital.